Enter to win the Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida essay contest
NARPRO, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
Description of Contest/Participation.
Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin on or about June 24, 2017 and end on or about Oct. 31, 2017.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
NARPRO will give away a refurbished 1995 E150 Econoline Cargo Van to a deserving Arizona family affected with spina bifida in the WALK-N-ROLL for Spina Bifida essay contest.
Participants will submit their essay online here (www.narpro.com/sb) and describe in 1,000 words or less how winning a wheelchair-accessible van will alter their lives for good. Submission is to include 2 – 3 electronic images of child/adult with spina bifida to be used if selected for award. All submissions must be received electronically no later than midnight on October 31, 2017.
Participants can nominate themselves or someone else. Participants should include their full name, address, phone number and email address along with the name of the person affected with spina bifida. Designees of the Board of Directors of the Spina Bifida Association of Arizona (SBAAZ) will judge entries.
Name of participant submitting entry:
Email Address: Phone #:
Mailing Address of participant:
Name of person with spina bifida:
Date of Birth (include YEAR) of person with spina bifida:
Events or Programs with SBAAZ that you have participated in (include year):
If awarded does Recipient have the ability to pay for vehicle insurance?
If awarded, who is AZ licensed driver? _________________________________________
Please provide valid AZ driver license number. __________________________
**When submitting Essay, include 2-3 electronic images of person with SB to be used upon award.
Describe in 1,000 words or less:
How will winning a wheelchair-accessible van will alter your/their life for good:
Contest Name: Enter to win the Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida essay contest (the “Contest”)
NARPRO Neighborhood Automotive Repair Professionals, LLC
c/o Mauldin CPA’s, LLC
2321 E University Dr, Suite 101
Mesa, AZ 85213
The contest winner will be chosen about one week prior to the Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida event on November 18, 2017. Winner will be notified via telephone after November 1, 2017. Winners must be comfortable with possible media exposure. The prize will be delivered to the winner at Steele Indian School Park during the Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida event on November 18, 2017. Media outlets may be invited to attend the delivery ceremony. For event details, see www.SBAAZWalkNRoll.org.
- How to participate: Visit http://narpro.com/sb/ for rules and regulations. Essays submitted must be 1,000 words or less.
- Prize. The prize awarded to the eligible winner is: One (1) refurbished 1995 E150 Econoline Cargo Van, value $3,000. Winner will also receive a NARPRO VIP card and free oil changes for a year, valued at approximately $200 for four oil changes.
Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner must be a U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Company and reside in the state of Arizona. The Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or deliver an essay due to equipment malfunction and/or acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest. The Company is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company. The Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome, as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsor(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.