PHOENIX – Cleaning and organizing are popular goals this month and your Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals (NARPRO) are available to share interesting ways to get a clean, organized car:
- Spritzing your grille will make it easier to get bugs off. WD40 also works.
- After cleaning your wheels, give them a light coating of cooking spray. It will make it easy to wipe off brake dust.
- If you get tar on your car, pass the mayo to save on elbow grease.
- Slather mayo over the area; let it sit for a few minutes; and wipe with a clean, soft cloth.
- Want to get rid of bumper or window stickers? Cover the top and sides with undiluted distilled vinegar. Wait 10-15 minutes then scrape it off. If there’s remaining residue you can use full-strength vinegar.
- Clean your wiper blades by dampening a cloth with full-strength white vinegar and running it down each blade.
- Skip the multiple trips lugging items into the house. Instead, put a basket in your trunk and fill groceries, kids’ sports gear and more.
- No need to worry about crumbs or drips in your cup holders when you use silicone muffin holders. Just remove and wash when needed.
Empty tissue box
- Don’t like the idea of keeping a trash bag in your car? An empty tissue box can collect gum wrappers and other small items.
- You can also stuff the box with a couple plastic bags for larger items.
NARPRO (Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals): The Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals (NARPRO) helps car owners find skilled and honest car repair shops. NARPRO only recommends independent, family-owned, full-service auto repair shops that have passed 26 rigorous tests. Visit www.NARPRO.com to find recommended shops near work or home. NARPRO is the easiest way to find an honest mechanic in the Valley.