There are many factors that affect the performance of your car. How much it is driven, the age of the car and its various parts all play a role. Keeping up with routine car maintenance also plays a huge part in how well your vehicle runs.
Preventative Maintenance by Season
You may not realize that there are some maintenance and repair items that are season specific. For that reason, the routine maintenance you have performed may look different at different times of the year. Let’s take a look at some of the different repairs that are more common for each season.
Fall Car Maintenance
- Tires should be checked to make sure they are ready for the winter months.
- Check the heater after a summer of no use.
- Make sure you have an emergency kit in your car.
- After driving all summer, the cooling system may need to be serviced.
Winter Car Maintenance
- Batteries are affected by the cold and should be checked and serviced regularly.
- Wipers have to work harder if you encounter snow and may need to be replaced.
- Make sure your lights are working sufficiently in harsh winter conditions.
- Clean the car of any salt from the roads.
Spring Car Maintenance
- Spring is another great time to do a tire check for wear and tear before summer travel.
- Brakes should be checked for your safety.
- The A/C may need to be serviced to prepare for summer months ahead.
- Make sure your wipers are in good working order for the rainy spring or monsoon season here in Arizona.
Summer Car Maintenance
- The internal cooling system should be checked, especially in high temperature months.
- Make sure your A/C is in good working order for those hot months.
- Summer is a great time to check filters for dirt and bugs that find their way under the hood.
Most often, you won’t know that there is something wrong with your car until you need it, such as heat and A/C or if your mechanic catches a problem early. This is why regularly scheduled maintenance is so important for keeping your car running smoothly.
Any NARPRO shop can help you with car maintenance during any season. NARPRO only recommends independent, family-owned, full-service auto repair shops that have passed 26 rigorous tests.
Check out our recommended auto repair shops near your work or home. It is the easiest way to find an honest mechanic in the Valley!